The BeatGear Cavern

A Fab Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 am
Hofner

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Donate to The BeatGear Cavern

Hello Anonymous!

Since assuming the role of Beatgear Cavern "Administrator" in mid-2005, our community has grown from a couple of hundred members to well over two thousand. In the intervening five years, my administrative colleague Mike Brown and I have worked very hard each day, not only to keep our "ship" sailing smoothly, but to make the BGC the best site of its kind on the Internet.

However, as a practical matter, that ongoing effort did and still does involve an enormous contribution of time borrowed from our primary professional endeavors, as well as regular infusions of cash to cover server costs, domain registrations, etc. Even as we have continued to upgrade our hosting, we find ourselves approaching a point where it may be necessary to move the site to a dedicated server, which will dramatically increase our existing fixed costs.

Over the years, many of our members have very kindly offered to assist us financially. The creation of this "donations" page responds to both the many inquiries we've received and the economic realities associated with keeping the BGC "on-air" and thriving.

Obviously, the BGC provides *something* of value to all its regular visitors: the opportunity to interact with kindred spirits, both online and at our many member gatherings taking place worldwide; an unrivaled collection of Beatles and gear-related data and commentary ("Fab Forum"); an assembled panel of official & unofficial "experts" in guitar-building, electronics and other disciplines, demonstrating tricks of their respective trades and offering advice on members' tech-type issues ("Expert-Textpert"); music lessons ("And Your Bird Can Sing"); a "Marketplace" to buy and sell cool gear unlikely to turn up on your local Craigslist; a stage from which to showcase homemade music ("Listen to Me"); free gig advertising ("A Splendid Time Is Guaranteed"); and a freewheeling virtual "pub" in which to engage in off-topic chatter ("Dead Grotty").

If you enjoy being a part of the BGC "family", if it is important to you, if it has helped you in some way, if it has expanded your personal universe of knowledge & friendships, if you have an interest in its continued vitality . . . please consider making a donation through the "DONATE" link on this page. PayPal offers several easy, flexible options for you to help support the BGC, including lump-sum and periodic donations, and you do *not* need to have a PayPal account to participate.

Whether "lurker" or regular poster, I wish to sincerely thank you for your patronage of the Beatgear Cavern. In the end, it is you who make our community what it is, and Mike & I both hope that you continue to enjoy the benefits of your membership in our little private "club", as we look forward to exerting our best efforts to push the BGC onward and upward.

Please note that donations to the Beatgear Cavern are NOT tax-deductible.

All the best,

Mark Barnes
Amount to Donate              Currency Convertor